Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Supermarket Tour

Supermarket tour today was really good. Thank God for the wonderful client which made my tour very successful. Her feedback on the evaluation form was very positive, in fact, the score could well be 110%! The thing that really amazed me was my performance on the day. Actually prior to the tour, i was kind of worried as i know supermarket tour participants generally want to ask nitty-gritty kind of nutrition facts. The night before the tour, I studied till 1am! (just like placements...) just to familarise myself with different products of the food groups. But well, i wld say it was good preparation, as I managed to tackle 95% of the old lady's questions! And my professionalism during the tour actually amazed myself too! Anyway, it was this tour that i started to realise how much i had learnt since this job. Being a new grad, I always get a feeling of "knowledge-emptiness" when i m unsure of the answer of nutrition queries. I am supposed to be the expert yet i know quite minimal, let alone sounding confident. For the past 6 weeks, I have been learning hard everyday to be a better dietitian. Hopefully in the near future, i ll have more experiences of this satisfactory feeling with my work - like the supermarket tour today~ :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done!!!

GOOD job!!!