Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chinese Diabetes Consortium

The Chinese Diabetes Consortium. It is the health professional team I newly joined today, to delicate information of T2DM to the Chinese in our language! I felt more appreciated than ever being a bilingual dietitian in this team. I just feel so privilage for something i was once feeling disadvantaged of (esp during placements when the supervisors made sure u know u are non-english-speaking). During the meeting today, I wld say i was more than amazed the way even some "gold-hair-gu-gu"s take so much initiative in working for better health for the Chinese community. They try to help in all ways to get things going though, this time, in their positions is limited by Language! (oh well, they cant run Chinese talks) Haha.. This feeling is so good~~ But on top of that, I do feel fortunate to be invited as i can do my part for my own ethnicity. It is more important than any other things.... I shall work hard & do my part in making a difference in community health~!

PS. It is just so great to see Carrie (my senior) & Ivan (my so-called Manningham co-supervisor) at the meeting today. They reminded me of the days at MCHS where fun & laughters are always in the air. I miss it...

No comments: