Melbourne is definitely a melting pot! With temperature as high as 40C tomorrow, i just can't imagine how cooked-up we all will be. Hai~ I falsely thought that summer was gone and so does the hot weather. But well, thank god to nowadays technology - my home & office are both well-equipped with a piece of magical machine called the air-con. *finger-crossed* Hope i will survive the upcoming week of intense heat~!
Well, metaphorically Melbourne is a melting pot too. Today I had a Greek client, typical Greek-speaking + Greek culture. It was my first experience of using an interpretor. Oh, how "fun" it was~ Conversation is harder than ever. Time was needed for the translator to speak, yet this old Greek man has little patience to wait for his chance to talk. I would say I managed him ok, but i just have no confidence how much he got from the session.
Anyway, maybe one day, it would be good to explore this melting pot more, understand the different cultures, and find a way to deal with the CALD groups n of course the local unpredictable weather~
No comments:
Post a Comment