Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Debriefing Myself

I need to debrief myself. Today lots happened in the hospital. Firstly, I had a go with diet history taking under peer review, n i think it truely shows how rusty my skills is. I certainly missed all the important bits of the diet. So yes, this attempt was definitely horrible. Then with my kind supervisor's advice (thank God she didn't scold me for the bad job), i phoned the patient's daughter to find out more. And, here I go with taking diet history on phone~ And then, my second patient of the day gave me something worse. Thinking this patient has so many co-morbilities, it might be a potential NCPer. However, the interview just put me n my supervisor off. Totally off. She just told me i didn't understand her, stating she doesn't want to see students, n then ended up pushing me away n told me to go home. But ya.. i think i learnt today that sometimes we can't do much to patients who don't want our help. Though today experience was quite upsetting, i think when thinking from learning point of view, i learnt to face the real world more. Hope I m stepping towards the dietetic career everyday~! But now, objective ONE - get my diet history taking skills straight.

No comments: