Thursday, July 30, 2009

Graduation of the Community Leadership Program

Today I have graduated once again.

For the past 5 months, I have been involved in the Inner East Social Inclusion initiative - Community Leadership Program for Social Inclusion. This five-month program has been providing me the opportunity to learn more about community development, particularly the ABCD concept, and the forum to network as well as belong to a group of like-minded leaders, but today we marked an end to it.

The atmosphere was certainly filled with mixed feelings. Everyone was upset to let go the group environment, yet excited of the indefinite possibilities lying upon us. I am now trained community leader to stir the pot to bring out the flavour, but am I ready?

Today, at the last session, we ended with a saying... Success is not the destination but the journey.

Having done all these training, I hope i truly understand its meaning.

No comments: