Monday, June 16, 2008

Being different

I have been into my current position for 4+ months. And, am i happy? I would claim that i really do enjoy working as a dietitian but at MonashLink? Firstly i feel isolated. Geographically, i m at Waverley by myself, while the team of dietitians is at Clayton. I feel that i m often far from reach to my team. I know they are a phone call away but it is not the same. And being a new grad, i think i need more support than that. Sometimes it is not just physical / knowledge support on dealing with clients, but more of emotionally too, to debrief myself perhaps.. And, culturally i feel worse. I know from the very beginning that i either be more Australianised & become one of them or i ll be excluded as a whole. I am Chinese, no matter how good my English is, i m not going to be them. More importantly, my culture is different & it impacts so much on how i think. It is not that i try to be an alien in lunchroom, but sometimes it is just too hard to fit in.

Honestly i actually question myself why i choose to stay in this foreign country & be away from my family for all these..........

No comments: