Friday, May 09, 2008
Primary School Lunchbox Workshop
Tammie the Dietitian has been out in the community in actions! For the past 3 weeks I have having this "healthy eating teacher" cap on my head, wondering in the primary school ground. In the total of 15 workshops, i delivered the healthy eating messages to about 100 children! I have learnt the fine art of "listening with your ears not your mouth", "sitting down means your bottoms need to touch the floor", etc. Meanwhile, i could feel confidence was building inside me, & i was able to capture the young mind where the healthy messages have been imprinted & stored. Well, i also managed to change the arrogant teachers who used to think i m unhelpful, to now having a friendlier tone when we talk. But more importantly, my hardwork was paid off when i witnessed kids eating healthy, vegie-filled sandwiches at the last sessions. I really can't say if i m making a different in preventing childhood obesity but i must be doing a tiny part! I m loving health promotion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment