As previously scheduled, Janet & I returned to the MCHS centre today for the network meeting with the kindergarten teachers. Our attendence was to present our final part of our results & distribute our resource kit. Upon stepping into the building, we both could feel how much we miss "working" there. At the front desk, we were welcomed by the smiling staffs. Though it was barely one and a half week, our sense of belonging to the centre makes it weird to us for "being away" for so long. Ha.. It was just great to go back to the centre once again.
Anyway the meeting with the kinder teachers was like catching up with old friends. It was funny that we built our relationship with these teachers that they all greeted us cheerfully n couldn't wait to share the latest news at kinder with us. Pam was saying the tiny girl finally started eating a sandwich, while Lisa shared her experience of planting new fruit trees with the children. And then, we presented our work, n we could really feel their appreciation on our work. Actually what we did was nothing compared to their enormous efforts on the children's health. But well, i think it is all the passion that matters.
I just feel great to be part of this team in working for the children healthy eating. I wish i can continue to do something for the community, but like Anne said I wld be better off to consolidate my dietetic skills at clinical first. Perhaps i shld set it as a goal, like what i have absent-mindedly inserted into my year-book that my future goal is to make healthy eating possible for the nation~! (haha.. sometimes I do dream big, indeed real BIG~!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment